Sunday, August 3, 2008

hormones

This has been a weekend of tears. I read my new book "Breaking Dawn" and it was really good. There were some touching scenes, but I held my own and didn't cry. I was so proud of myself! But then Something happened and I lost it, big time. I don't remember the exact trigger but I bawled and hiccupped and choked and shook for an hour and a half, straight. I cried as Scott cradeled me, I cried as we took a shower, I cried as we got out and as I got dresses. I cried as he cuddled me again and finally got it under control enough to go out for the night. I only misted while we were out. Then this morning I broke down again. I cried as we were waking up, as we took care of some family business, as we got dresses for church and as we waited for church to start.

It was massive. I think the last time I cried this much was when I was less than a year old. Now I know what it feels like to cry until, when you stop, there is no headache and your sinus' are drained. But even now I'm hiccup-sighing.

Mostly the reasons I cried for are directly related to the book. Gah, here come the tears again! And they are really personal. I recognize that it's ridiculous to pit myself against a fictional character in a book, but Bella didn't totally lose her sex drive and she immediately loved her little nudger. Am I broken that I have and didn't? Scott votes "No", and rules that it's just hormones. I'm still undecided. Perhaps that's an indication that it IS just hormones...

No comments: