Monday, September 22, 2008

Building things






This weekend we splurged on some wood and build ourselves a chest. HOW COOL IS OUR HUMP BACK CHEST?! It still needs to be stained (the same color as our bed) and put the hinges on, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. We also had a set of shelves, one of which broke as we tried to move it loaded with books (pretty smart, huh?). So we kept the shelves and I was tired of looking at them so I had Scott make a baby chest for the 'nursery'. You can see in the pictures the front mess.

I have been in a mood of nesting. Which pretty much translates into "throw everything away". So the piles of crap are actually waiting a turn at Goodwill and or the dumpster. The piles of wood are waiting a turn to high-tail it to the storage shed. We had the second of the set of shelves in our closet. It was a great shoe shelf. But now it is moved to the front room to be the baby book shelves. Aww. How cute. Now I just need baby books to put on the shelf. :)

Another project we started is my rocking chair. We grabbed a old fashioned rocking chair years ago and it's been waiting for me to get pregnant so it can come inside. Now it needs to be re upholstered. We bought ladybug fabric and have padding and everything. Now I just need to see which of my TWO sewing machines works. They are in the crap pile currently... we will have to see which one makes the final cut.

No comments: